DECAAR Algae Peel Aftercare
Proper post-treatment skin care can help minimize any sensations or visible side effects of a peel or a treatment, making it easier than ever to incorporate this highly effective skin treatment into your lifestyle.
Algae peels remove the outermost surface of your skin to help reduce visible signs of skin aging, acne and discoloration. At the same time, they reveal brighter, smoother skin below.
Depending on your skin’s sensitivity, it is normal to experience a variety of side effects as your skin goes through the post-peel renewal process.
At-home peel side effects can include slight tingling or burning, but they should subside quickly. If not, speak to a medical professional or professional skin therapist about what might be causing post-peel discomfort.
Professional peel side effects can include redness, dryness, itching or irritation as well as swelling, tightness, peeling or scabbing. With 2-3 days, skin may look flaky as the outermost surface peels off to make room for more radiant, new skin.
You may also notice temporarily more pronounced discoloration or age spots as they rise to the skin’s surface before getting sloughed away.
You will potentially experience a tingly, hot sensation for up to 12 hours following the Algae peel, and that this is completely normal. If this persists, you can use the Decaar Caming Mask within 24 hours of the treatment.
Pre Treatment Advice (up to 5-7 days prior)
• Avoid using products containing AHA, BHA, Retinoids, exfoliates and enzymes.
• Avoid hair removal treatments Inc. waxing in the treatment area.
• Avoid botox/filler and exfoliating procedures.
• Avoid excessive expose to sun light Inc. sunbeds.
Post Treatment Advice (24hrs post treatment)
• Wash your face with cool water, which can help soothe post-peel sensations.
• Drink water. It is necessary to drink at least 2 litres of water every day, to keep your skin hydrated.
• Avoid wearing make-up.
• Apply sunscreen with SPF30 or more.
• Your skin is more delicate after a peel, so avoid direct sun exposure, which can lead to even more visible signs of skin aging.
• Avoid strenuous workouts, dry saunas and steam rooms.
• Increased blood circulation to the face can intensify warming, tingling, itching, redness or other uncomfortable side effects on freshly peeled skin.
• It is advised for the client to use DÉCAAR home care products to optimize treatment outcome (more than 70% improved results have been noticed when the client combines the treatment with homecare products).